Sunday, November 11, 2012

Hey, romance lovers, have I got a story for you. I wrote it myself.
                       THE STORY OF ROBERT AND JENNIISA
“Mother, I had a terrible day at work.”
         Robert Flinnagoran  was a single twenty one year old. He worked at the local Tallahassee library.  His father had died two years ago, so he lived with his mother in the Terrific Tallahassee apartment complex. He had been engaged two years ago, but something had happened that day. “I saw Jenniisa.”
         Wait, I forgot, you do not know the story of Robert, so I will tell you.
         Two years ago, Robert Flinnagoran was walking to class at Collage of Education, University of Florida, a Hawaiian-looking girl was clearly late to class, all walking quickly. Suddenly, a bunch of her papers that she was loaded with, fell. Rob ran on instinct, helping to pick up papers. When they were almost done, their hands met on the last paper. They looked up, the girl picking the paper up. “Miss, what is your name,” Rob said, entranced in the beauty of this tropical – not to mention tanned girl. “Jenniisa Kealoha. Thank you for helping,” Beautiful Jenniisa replied, blushing. To end the awkward silence, “ I have to go. I’m almost late for class.” And she ran off. Later, they bumped into each other. And no matter what, Robert would never stop “bumping by pure chance into her”. Soon, they started dating. On one date, they became engaged. By that time, Robert Flinnagoran was a traveling doctor-in-training.
         One day, he had to go treat Scarlet Fever in Australia.
         He was gone for five months treating this person. It turned out that the reason that this person still didn’t get better, was because  Rob got Scarlet Fever, and HIS doctor got it, so he didn’t get better before a year was over. After a year and three months, he had only a cough left.  By then, his to-be bride was somewhere in Paris. He tried to find her, but little did he know that his darling was being treated in the hospital for a paralyzed leg. She wrote, but he was sick, and treating Scarlet Fever, so nobody let letters pass, and there was no phone.
         He called her best friend, but she didn’t know Jenniisa’s location and so he supposed that his sweet heart was helping her dear fragile mother. When he got to her, the house was bare. When he learned this, he called his mother. Jenniisa’s mother had died long ago.
         He went home and had a good cry. And when he was himself, only melancholy, he quit the doctor business for sadness, but ended up looking for a job.
         Finally he found a job at a library. He was to be the “librarian at the desk”.
         Now, back to present time.
         “Oh?” replied mother, all of the sudden snapping up from her knitting, something she never does unless she is intensely interested in something, like she does when somebody decides to write a letter. “There is something worth while doin’. Just all this new technology. P-mailing and pastebook.”
         “Yes. She was in a wheelchair. She’s more beautiful than ever.” Flinnagoran sighed. “When she looked at me, you know what she did? She pounded me with the book she was checking out. She was getting Moby Dick, and do you know how heavy that book is?” He told the story in those exact words.
         The next day, he went to work and saw Jenniisa with a cast on her leg. She ran to him stumbling  a bit. When she almost reached him she fell, him catching her. “I am so sorry for pounding you. Ever since I went home, I felt terrible. At the doctor, I cried as they put the cast on because I loved you terribly. So I made up my mind to wait here for you. Oh, I am so sorry. You didn’t come, and when I saw you……….I was just never prepared to meet you again……you didn’t come. I thought you had changed your mind on me, and I was so upset. But when I saw you, I knew nothing had changed. Why didn’t you come? When I was in Paris, why didn’t you call? Why didn’t you write?” sobbed Jenniisa. “Sweet, there is much to say, and……..” started Robert, but was interrupted and fired for “smooching” on the job. Rob and Jenniisa went to his car, and drove home. When they got at his home, Rob explained, and they became re-engaged.
        
                                    EPILOGUE
        
         The wedding was beautiful. Now they are mother and father of two pairs of triplets, four pairs of twins, one group of quadruplets, and one boy who was born by himself. (All the others are girls.) Once in a while they get frustrated with all these kids, but it’s all good. They are a wonderful family. And if by chance, you want to know the stories from their mouths, they live in a gigantic house in Maine, and sometimes in a gigantic house in Hawaii.

1 comment:

legacy said...

Hey, great story. Lots of kids though. That will keep them busy for YEARS!!!
I didn't know about this blog. I still the other one with Annie on it. Love you, G Miller